Feel like an Impostor? Join the club!
A shocking number of accomplished women in all paths and at every level feel as if they are faking it. You are not alone. If you are a career woman or entrepreneur, you probably have thoughts at one time or another that sound like:
- It’s just a matter of time before they find out I don’t know what I’m doing
- I was just lucky that it worked out so well
- I work harder than most, so that’s why I made it this far
- I don’t deserve this
- They just liked me, and I was at the right place at the right time
I see this in my clients and coworkers. I work with them to recognize their fraud fears and how it manifests in their lives. I invite you to take a 30-day journey to begin to identify your self-doubt habit, and begin to own your success.
I’d like to help you get started with a few new thoughts:
- There are many paths to expertise
- Competence means you respect your limitations
- When recognizing a limitation, what do you do about it?
- Competent people know how to ask for what they need
- Stop striving for perfection, stay focused on your strengths
- Competent people, creatives, artists, and businesses know that it’s OK to build on someone else’s work or product
Understanding and undoing your self-limiting beliefs about how brilliant and competent you are isn’t a one time event - it’s a journey of change. You can start today by signing up for these motivational prompts.
And I bet you know someone else who could benefit as well, so please share!